What is CSA STAR?
CSA STAR is a Software as a Service (SaaS) application to help organizations manage compliance with CSA STAR (Security, Trust and Assurance Registry) requirements. CSA STAR delivers the content of the Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM) and Consensus Assessments Initiative Questionnaire (CAIQ) in a database format, enabling users to manage compliance of cloud services with the CSA best practices:
CSA STAR is appropriate for all parties interested in cloud compliance:
- Cloud Users. Manage all cloud providers delivering services to your organization (even your own private clouds) to assure a consistent security baseline is maintained.
- Cloud Providers. Build and maintain your CSA STAR entry and provider customers with rapid responses to their compliance questions.
- Cloud Auditors. Use the tool to perform audits and assessments of cloud provider security.
- Cloud Security Solution Providers. Leverage the CSA STAR solution database format and technical specifications to integrate its capabilities within your solutions.
CSA STAR is free to CSA corporate members, and includes:
- Multi-user access to CCM/CAIQ in a database format
- Free unlimited technical support via email and online forum
- Assistance mapping your own security requirements to those of CSA